Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Michigan

Michigan. Our mother is the sole beneficiary of our brother's (intestate) estate. He had no spouse or children. The only asset of his estate is a modest home. I've advanced funds to administer his estate, pay taxes, attorney fees, repairs to the house, etc. The house needs more repairs before it can be sold. Mom passed away before his probate is finished. Where do I begin to sort out what I need to do, so our mother's estate can be probated?

Asked on 5/10/20, 10:11 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy Klisz Klisz Law Office, PLLC

I’m sorry for both of your losses. Unfortunately, you’re in the same place as mom was, you’ll need to probate her estate and finish up your brothers. I have had to do this recently. It’s just more legwork, but that’s the process. Check with your current attorney Or you can contact me for more questions. Thanks, Tim


Read more
Answered on 5/11/20, 7:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Michigan