Legal Question in Criminal Law in Minnesota

ok so my friend is being charged for selling. sum1 wore a wire nd he traded weed for a tv, can they do that or can he get out of it....this was in MN

Asked on 7/16/12, 9:27 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

John Arechigo Arechigo & Stokka, LLP

I would need to know more facts before giving a sound answer. Depending on the circumstances surrounding the transaction, your friend could be entitled to an entrapment defense.

Your friend should consult a criminal defense attorney right away, and definitely before he appears in court and talks with a prosecutor, so he can get a better idea of what defenses might be available.

Read more
Answered on 7/16/12, 9:35 am
Maury Beaulier612.240.8005 Minnesota Lawyers

The answer would require a review of the case to determine whether or not the informant was reliable and whether there may have been entrapment or other defense oriented issues.

I have over 21 years of criminal defense experience. Have your friend call 612.240.8005 for representation

Read more
Answered on 7/16/12, 10:08 am
Thomas C. Gallagher Gallagher Criminal Defense

Possibly, but if I had such a case I would want to look at everything.

Read more
Answered on 7/16/12, 7:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Minnesota