Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Minnesota

Chapter 13 discharge

I have my discharge paperwork from my ch 13. What happens next? Am I supposed to do anything? Can I do anything to repair my credit?

Asked on 11/07/06, 8:41 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Kelly-952-544-6356 Kelly Law Office

Re: Chapter 13 discharge

A discharge in a Chapter 13 makes some debts go away, and has little effect on others. What you should do is consult your attorney.

If you don't have an attorney, make an appointment with one and take all your paperwork from your case in for a complete review.

Read more
Answered on 11/08/06, 11:27 am
Sam Calvert Calvert Law Office

Re: Chapter 13 discharge

Presumably your attorney was paid to handle the case for you; you should talk to him or her. In general, most of the debts listed on Schedule F of your bankruptcy papers should have gone away (other than student loans). Debts listed on Schedule E are likely to have not gone away. There are a lot of exceptions to these general statements. You should perhaps get a credit report from and see if it is accurate. Ideas about rebuilding your credit can be found through, for example,, the consumer education tab.

Read more
Answered on 11/09/06, 5:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Minnesota