Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Minnesota

My ex is filing ch13. Her trustee told her that nothing that was in both our names can be includex in her bankruptcy regardless what our divorce papers say and that those debts are,nowy responsibility. Is this rightright? How can I protect myself and make her pay what was agreed in the divorce?

Asked on 2/25/13, 9:45 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sam Calvert Calvert Law Office

You should file a proof of claim on behalf of any creditor who has not filed their own proof of claim and on which you are co-liable.

The divorce court did not have the power to "take her name off" of any bills, so she is as obligated after filing as she was before filing.

Read more
Answered on 2/25/13, 1:21 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Minnesota