Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Minnesota

I have been separated from my husband for 3 years our home was foreclosed on in oct 2010 do i need to file bankruptcy with him

Asked on 1/26/12, 8:58 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Nathan Hansen Nathan M. Hansen, Attorney at Law

No, you can file separately.

Nathan Hansen


Read more
Answered on 1/26/12, 9:05 am
David Kelly-952-544-6356 Kelly Law Office

Typically when one has been separated for some time and is maintaining a separate household, it's almost the same as being divorced for bankruptcy purposes. Usually I would suggest to such a person that he or she file individually and not jointly.

What I would usually do of course doesn't mean that I would say that's what I would want to do in your case. Every case is different, and I have zero details about your situation except that you are separated. If you would call me for a no-cost screening over the phone, I could give you an opinion that would have a great deal more value. 952-544-6356.

This response is for general information purposes only and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Read more
Answered on 1/26/12, 9:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Minnesota