Legal Question in Business Law in Minnesota

I currently own 17% of stock in a company I used to work for. I asked the accountant for a copy of the 1120-S and he refused to supply it. This is a family owned S-Corp based out of MN. Do I have any legal rights in order to receive a copy of the return?

Asked on 4/07/14, 2:13 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Anderson Anderson Business Law LLC

You have absolute rights to ALL financial & corp records

Call for free phone consult

33 years business law exp

Read more
Answered on 4/07/14, 2:22 pm
Morgan Kavanaugh Wilkerson & Hegna, PLLP

Yes. Minn. Stat. 302A.461, subd. 4 states that you have the right to all corporate books and records upon written demand.

Read more
Answered on 4/08/14, 7:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Minnesota