Legal Question in Business Law in Minnesota

A car dealer sold me a car and cashed my check. But cannot get a title, what do I do?

Asked on 12/20/13, 4:55 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

I suggest you view the helpful materials at the Minnesota Attorney General website, then confer with an attorney as need be with regard to enforcement of your rights. Tricia Dwyer Esq at 612-296-9666, Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC, Minnesota Civil Law Attorney,

Read more
Answered on 12/21/13, 6:25 am
Sam Calvert Calvert Law Office

If the dealer is a licensed dealer in Minnesota, and assuming you can prove that you paid for the vehicle (cancelled check, for instance) you should be able to compel the issuance of the title or recover your money.

You may need to have an attorney work on this for you.

Read more
Answered on 12/21/13, 6:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Minnesota