Legal Question in Business Law in Minnesota

I'm a minor in MN and would like to open a business where I would need to enter into contract with others and would like to know a way that I can operate without having the others worried about my ability to disaffirm the contract.Could I use a LLC or Corp to do this. I would really like to avoid having my parents cosign.

Asked on 10/12/13, 1:52 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Anderson Anderson Business Law LLC

Someone over 18 will need to serve as Member/Owner of the LLC

And also provide SS# if you are going to have any banking relationship

However , beyond that you certainly can operate and work the business of the LLC

Just be aware some Vendors or suppliers may want personal guaranties

And until you're 18 you cannot provide that

Read more
Answered on 10/12/13, 2:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Minnesota