Legal Question in Business Law in Minnesota

I've recently discovered my bookkeeper is over-paying herself. What should I do?

Asked on 7/02/13, 12:00 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. This website provides general information, not the detailed legal advice of which you are need. Please phone a Minnesota licensed attorney for legal counsel right away. If you are in a remote area, know that you may contact any Minnesota licensed attorney for help. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will confer initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.

Read more
Answered on 7/02/13, 12:07 pm

David Anderson Anderson Business Law LLC

Looks like you are in Red Wing, which is not "remote" in any sense.

You need to terminate her immediately , and take control of bank accounts, passwords etc.

A forensic accountant may need to be consulted, and possibly County Attorney.

Please call for more thorough advice. I have handled numerous embezzlement cases.

Read more
Answered on 7/02/13, 12:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Minnesota