Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Minnesota

Ex-employer calling current employer

My ex-employer from early 2002 keeps calling and coming to my work trying to get me fired. He says i am bad mouthing him and his buisness and says he is going to sue myself and everyone at my work for bad mouthing him and his buisness. Here is a little background on him, This guy runs a auto shop and has screwed every employee that has worked there as well as all his customers. He also runsa roofing company and runs that the same way. Fact is the only thing i have ever said about him is i would not recomend him or his buisness, But he insits on harrasing me at work all the time. Is there some way to get a restraining order or is there some other way to deal with someone that does these things?

Asked on 11/24/04, 8:06 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Tom James Law Office of Tom James

Re: Ex-employer calling current employer

The first thing you should do is communicate to him that you do not want him to call or visit you at work anymore. A short and simple letter should be sufficient. If he persists after that, you could file for a harassment restraining order.

Read more
Answered on 11/25/04, 8:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Minnesota