Legal Question in Consumer Law in Minnesota

I purchased a car from a local dealership and financing was approved through their bank and myself, a cosigner, and the dealership all signed the purchasing agreement with $500 dollars down. A little after a month they called and said I needed to return the vehicle because the financing did not go through. I returned the car and they have not returned my down payment. The contract stated that if the car needed to be returned the doen payment would be returned. I have tried contacting them multiple times and nobody will return my calls. Should I seek out legal help or loose out?

Asked on 9/02/13, 2:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. I suggest you have an attorney review the wording of the written agreement and advise you on initiating appropriate legal action. The attorney will advise you on how to be effective in asserting your claim and ensuring you request all damages and penalties available to you under law, as well as making the request that your attorney fees be paid. Sometimes, a claim for punitive damages may be made.

Tricia Dwyer Esq

Tricia Dwyer Esq & Associates PLLC

Phone: 612-296-9666

365 days of the year, until 8 p.m. daily



Read more
Answered on 9/02/13, 4:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Minnesota