Legal Question in Criminal Law in Minnesota

Arrested for attempted murder in Las Vegas, NV and pleaded to what I thought was gross misdemeanor battery. Paid fine and performed community service. Had a suspended sentence for 7 years, now past. Was looking into sealing my record and it says "Type"=felony, "Charge"=battery. Can I seal this record, and why does it say "felony"? If it was a felony, I believe there would have been at the very least probation.

Asked on 5/13/13, 10:34 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. I note you are in Minnesota. You need to confer with an attorney licensed In NV regarding the matter. Should you need attorney counsel in Minnesota: Some attorneys, myself included, will confer for free, at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys, myself included, will provide a reduced fee for need. All the best.

Read more
Answered on 5/15/13, 3:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Minnesota