Legal Question in Criminal Law in Minnesota

Charged w/ gross misdermeanor, have not been booked. Moved to another state, have no plans to return to the state where charge was made and court date set.

Will this follow me across state lines? No previous charges ever.

Asked on 7/07/13, 5:21 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Maury Beaulier612.240.8005 Minnesota Lawyers

Failing to make your scheduled court appearance is a mistake. A warrant will issue for your arrest. if you are stopped at any time in another State, the warrant is likely to come up and you will be detained while decisions on whether extradition will be pursued will occur.

Read more
Answered on 7/08/13, 6:41 am

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. You should address this issue, because you are at risk, and you cannot know when and how this will affect you. Please contact a Minnesota licensed attorney right away; the attorney will be happy to assist you with this. An issue like yours is somewhat uncommon, but definitely occurs with regularity. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will confer initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best. Tricia Dwyer, Esq., phone 612-296-9666 seven day until 8 p.m. daily. CRIMINAL LAW

Read more
Answered on 7/08/13, 12:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Minnesota