Legal Question in Criminal Law in Minnesota

The court-appointed defense attorney and the prosecuting attorney are married. From an outsider's perspective, it appears that a proper defense was not presented. Is there anything that can be done to ensure the defendant is treated appropriately under the spirit of our laws?

Asked on 8/15/13, 5:01 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. The person facing this issue should contact an attorney right away for assistance. The person should not delay in seeking legal help. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will confer initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.

Tricia Dwyer, Esq.

Phone: 612-296-9666


Read more
Answered on 8/15/13, 5:31 am

Thomas C. Gallagher Gallagher Criminal Defense Services

The defendant could try to retain private counsel. That would solve the problem. Or the defendant could object to the potential conflict of interest, first with his lawyer, then the Chief Public Defender, then if necessary with the judge directly on the record in court.

Read more
Answered on 8/15/13, 7:46 am
Maury Beaulier612.240.8005 Minnesota Lawyers

Your question is rather vague. It would have to be reviewed in some detail by experienced counsel.

Read more
Answered on 8/15/13, 9:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Minnesota