Legal Question in Criminal Law in Minnesota

Hello, my friend who is a minor (17 years old) left her house for a couple days without telling her parents. They then reported her as missing and when she got home the cops came and arrested her. She has been in jail overnight and was told she has to stay there until her court date on Wednesday. Is this legal? Can the judge order her to go to jail for running away? She lives in Minnesota.

Asked on 11/11/13, 6:16 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. Your friend should turn to her attorney for legal counsel and advice at this time. Full details need to be known in order to provide appropriate legal advice. You ought not post details of this matter on a public website.

Tricia Dwyer Esq

Ph: 612-296-9666

Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Minnesota Juvenile Criminal Defense

Read more
Answered on 11/11/13, 7:17 am

Maury Beaulier612.240.8005 Minnesota Lawyers

Yes. It is legal. Being away from home without consent while a minor is a juvenile infraction.

Read more
Answered on 11/11/13, 10:23 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Minnesota