Legal Question in Criminal Law in Minnesota

my friends husband has been on meth for 2 months and got some bad meth and flipped out on his wife, she told the cops he hit her and was forcing her to have sex, she told me today she lied because she wanted to get him help. what could happen to her for lying. She lives in MN

Asked on 5/10/13, 11:12 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. The woman involved should have private attorney counsel and legal advice immediately. In certain circumstances, lying to police / law enforcement / a peace officer may result in criminal charges.Your post raises further questions that need to be asked and answered.If finances are an issue, some attorneys, myself included, will provide a reduced fee so that the woman has attorney help now. All the best.

Read more
Answered on 5/10/13, 12:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Minnesota