Legal Question in Criminal Law in Minnesota

A group of teenagers were damaging peoples property around my neighborhood. They noticed that I called the cops and they bashed in the windshield of my vehicle. In the heat of the moment, I chased them down and pushed down one of the girls. I received a citation for 5th degree assault. I've never been to court before, so I don't know what to do. How can I avoid this on my record?

Asked on 8/04/18, 8:27 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas C. Gallagher Gallagher Criminal Defense

Get a good defense lawyer. Avoid talking about it online or in person with anyone but your lawyer. Don't plead guilty to assault. Discuss with your lawyer and work with your lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 8/04/18, 9:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Minnesota