Legal Question in Criminal Law in Minnesota


I was charged with the "Danco law" violation in 5/2014. Federal misdamener. Had jail for 4 days and then was allowed to stay at my work shop on my home property. All due to a verbal argument with my wife. No contact, only verbal. Then in 12/2014 I had a message I left on our home phone for my wife asking about my winter boots and where they were. I was arrested again and had to spend 21 days in jail. Now the house is gone, and the wife and I are separated. I am looking for a part time job. Was told by one company that I had these charges against me and was un-hire able. I didn't do anything but open my mouth in an argument. I have been suffering the defects of an AVM Brain aneurysm and don't read or understand issues and remember issues. I live only on social security income. Is there a way I can get this charge removed, or not be available to a future employer? I am in Minnesota. Thank You, Pat Cochrane

Asked on 1/02/17, 1:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Samuel Edmunds Sieben Edmunds Miller PLLC

It depends on how the DANCO case was resolved. Did you plead guilty to it? Either way, you can seek something called an expungement from the court. The disposition of the criminal case will dictate the length of time that you need to wait before seeking an expungement under the statute. Feel free to give me a call to discuss options. 651-994-6744.


Read more
Answered on 1/02/17, 2:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Minnesota