Legal Question in Criminal Law in Minnesota

law enforcement executed a search warrant at a friends place they were not home and the thing taken by the cops were not thought to be stolen by the homeowner now they are shamed in their community and not sure how to handle the charges against them what can they do

Asked on 10/12/12, 1:54 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Thomas C. Gallagher Gallagher Criminal Defense Services

Though the question is not clear, it seems that someone may be charged with a crime. In that situation, a criminal lawyer (like me) should be consulted for help, and to discuss what can be done. We would need a more complete set of facts to do that.

Read more
Answered on 10/12/12, 2:10 pm

Maury Beaulier612.240.8005 Minnesota Lawyers

The first thing to do is hire a lawyer. the charge of receiving stolen property is serious. However, part of the state's burden will be to prove that the person charged know or had reason to know the property was stolen.

For a consultation call 612.240.8005.

Read more
Answered on 10/12/12, 2:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Minnesota