Legal Question in Criminal Law in Minnesota

Can I make a police report on someone without disclosing who I am?

If the person I want to report is in prison for another charge, but is released in a week from today, could he be held right away?

Asked on 4/10/20, 3:37 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas C. Gallagher Gallagher Criminal Defense

Police will accept an anonymous tip, but may not be able to act on an anon tip, depending. It's difficult to imagine a scenario where a person about to be released from prison would be held by police based solely upon an anonymous claim.

Read more
Answered on 4/10/20, 4:21 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Minnesota