Legal Question in Criminal Law in Minnesota

In my past I committed a crime that I despise and now I'm in a new relationship. people know about my past and now someone called social services because of it. A social services lady wants me to sign a release of information form. She said, it is so that she can develop a safety plan with my fiance and her two sisters just in case. Do I have to sign it what happens if I don't? I need to talk about this to someone.

Asked on 4/24/17, 11:20 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Rory Durkin Giancola-Durkin Criminal Defense

Call at the office. 763 421 1441 and we will discuss your situation.

Read more
Answered on 4/25/17, 2:01 am
Samuel Edmunds Sieben Edmunds Miller PLLC

Yes you should surely talk to someone about this. You need a lawyer before making any decisions. Give Rory a call or feel free to call me to discuss options too. 651-994-6744.

Read more
Answered on 4/25/17, 4:39 pm
Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. Please do not feel fear in this matter. Please, I urge, carefully choose an attorney and phone her to make arrangements for you to secure attorney counsel at this time. What is happening sounds 'normal' fyi. I formally was in a position in which 'safety plans' akin to what you describe were a regular part of the work. I urge: Beware all 'free advice'. Know that you are not 'required' to seek attorney help at this time but it sounds as tho' it would be very wise for you. Know that only a very small no. of us have special expertise with family law and criminal legal issues such as what you describe.

Read more
Answered on 4/26/17, 7:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Minnesota