Legal Question in Criminal Law in Minnesota

I was recently involved with a "sting" at the liquor store that I work for. I sold a 6 pack of beer to an underage buyer after asking him for id. He said that he didn't have his id with him and I trusted him to be 21 (bad idea!). I was told by the police that I am going to be charged with a gross misdemeanor. I have nothing else on my record and am a very reliable college graduate. Have any of you had experience with these alcohol compliance checks and do you think the gross misdemeanor could be dropped down to a petty or regular misdemeanor given all the other circumstances?


Asked on 6/18/13, 2:46 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Thomas C. Gallagher Gallagher Criminal Defense

You may wish to consider a goal of keeping your record clean of any criminal conviction. To do that, seek representation from a good criminal defense lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 6/18/13, 2:52 pm

Tyler Bliss Tyler Bliss, Attorney at Law

This is particularly true in this context where a conviction could result in you losing your ability hold a liquor license or make it impossible for your employer to keep you on for liability purposes.. I have handled several of these and would be happy to talk with you.

Tyler Bliss


Read more
Answered on 6/18/13, 3:36 pm
Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. You need an attorney to assist you right away. This website provides general information and general principles of law, not the comprehensive legal assistance of which you clearly are in need. You ought not post details on a public website as your statements may be used against you. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will confer initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.

Read more
Answered on 6/18/13, 4:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Minnesota