Legal Question in Criminal Law in Minnesota

A year ago my female best friend got assaulted by a man. A week ago she committed suicide and our two day trial started this week. The county attorney dismissed the case due to her being deceased. Is there anything we can do to reverse this decision and if so what?

Asked on 10/09/13, 5:32 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Maury Beaulier612.240.8005 Minnesota Lawyers

Unfortunately, a case would be very difficult to win if there were no independent witnesses. Prosecutors have the final word on whether a case proceeds to trial.

I am sorry to hear of your troubles.

Read more
Answered on 10/09/13, 7:07 am

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. So sorry to learn of this. More facts would need to be known, of course. You may confer privately with an attorney who may interface for you. There may be other options for the heirs of the friend.

Tricia Dwyer Esq

Ph 612-296-9666

Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Read more
Answered on 10/09/13, 7:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Minnesota