Legal Question in DUI Law in Minnesota

How long can a judge make me sit in jail on a probation violation while I wait for my probation officer to find me a bed in a treatment program.

Asked on 5/11/16, 7:06 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Rory Durkin Giancola-Durkin Criminal Defense

as long as it takes or up until your time is fully executed.

Read more
Answered on 5/11/16, 8:09 am
Samuel Edmunds Sieben | Edmunds PLLC

Have you had your Morrissey hearing yet? If you were already found in violation, then legally the judge can make you serve up to the total amount of time that was stayed over your head. If you haven't had your hearing, then you can demand that it occur within seven days. Talk directly with your attorney about all of this.

Read more
Answered on 5/11/16, 8:19 am
Maury Beaulier612.240.8005 Minnesota Lawyers

You may demand a Morrissey Hearing where you can present evidence to contest the violation or to explain the violation. If you admitted to the violation, the Judge may sentence you to any part of the jai time previously stayed or require a hold until you are released to an in-patient treatment facility.

Read more
Answered on 5/11/16, 12:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Minnesota