Legal Question in DUI Law in Minnesota

So I recently had a court hearing for a minor consumption (I am 18) and was told that the easiest way to handle it is just pay the $150 citation. The hearing officer told me that this will not go on my record by paying it right then. Is this true?

Asked on 10/22/15, 4:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Samuel Edmunds Sieben | Edmunds PLLC

It would not go down as a criminal conviction, but it would be on your record as a petty misdemeanor minor consumption offense. The state court system maintains publicly accessible records of all convictions.

Read more
Answered on 10/22/15, 7:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Minnesota