Legal Question in Entertainment Law in Minnesota

entertainment contracts, minors

how do you bind a minor to a record contract in Minnesota? My daughter wants to sign a contract with my blessing, but the record company says they don't know how to write it so she is bound by its terms.

Asked on 4/23/09, 5:39 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Anderson Anderson Business Law LLC

Re: entertainment contracts, minors

You don't. The parent or guardian, or in some cases business manager, establishes an LLC with an exclusive services arrangement and THAT entity enters into the contract. Restrictions and provisions protecting the artist and the record company need to be incorporated.

Call or email for assistance.

Read more
Answered on 4/23/09, 7:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Entertainment & Sport Law questions and answers in Minnesota