Legal Question in Entertainment Law in Minnesota

Obtaining a copyright for music

Where do I find the forms to apply for a copyright for music?

Asked on 7/15/04, 9:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Anderson Anderson Business Law LLC

Re: Obtaining a copyright for music

To apply for a copyright, the work must be in finished form. Is it written or recorded?Are you the sole author/composer?

The application is through the US Copyright office, and you may wish to enlist an attorney to ensure full copyright protection in the process.

Read more
Answered on 7/15/04, 11:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Entertainment & Sport Law questions and answers in Minnesota