Legal Question in Family Law in Minnesota

At what age can my child decide where he wants to live in Minnesota? And what do I need to do to make this happen? He is 15 years old.

Asked on 10/09/21, 2:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Kane Law Offices of Robert D. Kane, Jr.

Your child can decide when he turns 18. Until then, his wishes will be one factor considered by the judge in determining his best interests. The older child is, the more weight given. You can seek a modification. Mediation may be a good starting point. It may even be required depending on court documents.

Read more
Answered on 10/19/21, 9:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Minnesota