Legal Question in Family Law in Minnesota

Custody and visitaion

My son's father hasnt been in his life at all since day 1, he is now 7 years old. His father has been in and out of jail since he was born and is a convicted felon. He now says he has changed and wants to have his son. How do i go about seeing that he has no visitation of my son?

Asked on 6/22/09, 3:30 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Maury Beaulier612.240.8005 Minnesota Lawyers

Re: Custody and visitaion

It is not quite so simple. A Court makes custody decisions based on what is in the "best interests of the child." That entails looking at ALL of the circumstances surrounding the case.

For Minnesota issues visit

Read more
Answered on 6/23/09, 10:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Minnesota