Legal Question in Family Law in Minnesota

during a divorce proceeding does a Change of Venue have to be filed from one county to another, even tho' there is a new Social Service case in a different county?

Asked on 6/25/13, 5:29 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. Further details of your legal issues would need to be known in order to provide appropriate legal advice. Please do seek the assistance of a private attorney. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will confer initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.

Read more
Answered on 6/25/13, 6:47 pm

Maury Beaulier612.240.8005 Minnesota Lawyers

Generally, a Motion must be brought in the county where the case is presently filed and demonstrate that another forum is more convenient.

For a consultation call 612-240-8005.

Read more
Answered on 6/26/13, 8:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Minnesota