Legal Question in Family Law in Minnesota

I live in Minnesota and I have children that have not seen their dad in over a month. I have sole legal and physical custody of them. Is there any reason as to why I could not move? Would this cause any problems if there was a custody suit that came up in the near future?

Asked on 5/10/13, 6:38 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. I urge you to have private attorney counsel at this time. You do not state the location to which you want to move, but presumably it is distant. You do not state whether you intend to move or want to move.. The starting point is a review of the existing legal documents which may address the matter. Assuming the existing legal court order does not address the matter, you should confer with private counsel immediately, particularly if you are considering moving the children out of the state of Minnesota. If your finances are difficult, some private attorneys, myself included, will provide you with a reduced fee so that you have attorney help. All the best.

Read more
Answered on 5/10/13, 7:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Minnesota