Legal Question in Family Law in Minnesota

MN state child support office isnt following judge's orders. The payment information is wrong & they won't correct it. My ex took me to court in 2013 over past due child support after a period of my few months of unemployment. I don't dispute that amount owed. However during this court time, I still made regular payments directly to the other parent as I always had from the beginning. It was unknown to me I was supposed to send them to the state instead. So they combined that total with the arrears my ex stated. When I discovered this only recently, I showed them proof of my payments-checks and electronic transfers, which would bring my balance down by half if applied. They are also not abiding by the judge orders for how the arrears portion is to be applied, and despite now paying extra money monthly, the balance has not gone down at all. I am supposed to pay $1240 for child support and $200 for arrears. They are not applying it to any of the balance at all and it has been almost 2 years now. Do I need to go to court again over this?

Asked on 1/27/17, 6:34 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Melvin Peterson 763-424-6442


Read more
Answered on 1/27/17, 6:48 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Minnesota