Legal Question in Family Law in Minnesota

Am I obligated to pay

My son's mother has cut me off from my son completely. We have no formal arrangement from the court, but we agreed that I would pay ''x'' amount + medical, dental, etc, and see him 3 times a week. Since my visitation has been taken away, by her, I have still continued to send the support. It has been a year and I am considering stopping those payments as it is time for me to move on. Any attempt to contact her, and she will issue a restraining order and say I was being violent towards her. Should I move on from a legal point of view? I'm ready to.

Asked on 1/29/04, 11:24 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Paul Cundy & Paul, L.L.C.

Re: Am I obligated to pay

This is a prime example of where you will need to go to court to enforce your rights. We offer a free consultation if you are interested in discussing this further. Please feel free to call my office at 952-746-4111.

Read more
Answered on 1/29/04, 11:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Minnesota