Legal Question in Family Law in Minnesota

my sons mother has not seen him for 14 months and has just resurfaced . what are my legal rights do i have to let her see him?

Asked on 5/03/13, 2:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. Your post raises many questions that need to be answered in order to provide you with legal advice and specific guidance for your situation. The concern is what is the best interest of your son. Any existing court order is critically important. The circumstances as to the mother's disappearance matter. The child's wishes, in relation to his age, are important. Your views and thoughts need to be known. Any criminal issues, past or present, matter. Chemical dependency, including alcohol usage and legally prescribed drugs is relevant. A history of domestic abuse of some sort is important to know. The aforementioned matters are but some of the concerns. I urge you to seek private legal counsel. In my many years of professional experience, the situation you are describing is not uncommon. If finances are an issue, some attorneys, myself included, will provide a reduced fee based on need. All the best to you and your son.

Read more
Answered on 5/03/13, 3:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Minnesota