Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Minnesota

My husband filed an order of protection against me for himself and the children. We already had a no contact order in place. On the order, the alleged date of an incident is wrong by over a month. Other things he stated were vague and there are no allegations of abuse to the children. He also got each of the childrens date of birth wrong. The children and I haven't been in this state, Mn. For even 6 months, though he has. Is there grounds for dismissal?

Asked on 12/01/11, 7:48 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nathan Hansen Nathan M. Hansen, Attorney at Law

This matter will probably have to be defended on the merits. That is, a trial will have to be held. If a judge has already signed it, I doubt another judge will dismiss it without a trial.

Nathan Hansen


Read more
Answered on 12/01/11, 8:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Minnesota