Legal Question in Immigration Law in Minnesota

I want to apply for a U visa. I was a victim of dating abuse and domestic violence 3 years ago. I did not file a police report however I have proof that it happened. I have several text messages, psychologists willing to speak for me and people who witnessed abuse. Also, the abuse happened while I was a student at the University of Wisconsin system and there was an investigation by the dean of students in which the perpetrator was found guilty of dating abuse. He was put under University probation. Am I eligible to apply?

Asked on 11/29/18, 8:06 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

A U visa requires a form to be completed & signed by the police dept re. the crime under investigation or prosecution, which isn't always easy to obtain. You should seek assistance from an experienced immigration attorney in your area.

For more information on U visas, pls refer to:

Read more
Answered on 11/30/18, 8:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Minnesota