Legal Question in Immigration Law in Minnesota

My wife is in jail for 4 months and I just received a letter saying our last interview for me to get my permanent residency is in March. She will be in jail in that time. What should I do? Is there a way we can get her out for that day? Or do we have to reschedule the interview? It's been very very tough for both of us. What should we do?

Asked on 2/03/13, 6:05 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello The situation you describe occurs uncommonly. I suggest to you that you should immediately privately confer with a Minnesota attorney who works in the area of immigration. I suggest that you make a few telephone calls in choosing an attorney to help you, because you need to feel a sense of great trust with the attorney you select to provide you with help in this matter. I wish you and your family the best.

Read more
Answered on 2/03/13, 6:24 pm
Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

I would suggest requesting that your interview be rescheduled. However, she will probably not be able to adjust status if she is on probation at that time.

Read more
Answered on 2/04/13, 10:15 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Minnesota