Legal Question in Insurance Law in Minnesota

I live in MN and let my unlicensed ex boyfriend take a car that was in my name down to Chicago. Needless to say he got into an accident. I don't really know the specifics of it as I was in MN. All I know is that I got a $9000.00 bill from the other peoples car insurance agency. There was no insurance on the car in my name because he moved and was supposed to be getting the car out of my name. Now I am assuming that since the car was in my name I am indeed stuck with the bill, but before I shell out $9000.00 I want to make sure there is nothing else I can do?

Asked on 3/10/14, 8:31 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Morgan Kavanaugh Wilkerson & Hegna, PLLP

You can try negotiating a settlement before just paying up. If you want credibility and assistance with this you should hire an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 3/10/14, 8:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in Minnesota