Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Minnesota

Hello, this might sound trivial but I really want help please.

I'm a college student and I recently signed a contract to lease an apartment for a year. I also applied a parking pass that costs me $95 a month. But before the contract become efficient, I no longer needed a parking pass, so I asked the apt if I can cancel the parking pass. But they refused and said I need to put my name on a waiting list of those want to get rid of their parking passes. But after I put my name on the list, they told me that they will start giving away parking passes of those on the list only after the parking spot available is wholly full. The parking space is wide, so I assume that the apt will never call me until my contract ends.

Is there anyway I can have my parking pass canceled? Is asking an adjustment before the contract starts impossible?

Asked on 8/26/13, 11:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. The starting point would be to review the written agreement. As need be, you may want to confer privately with an attorney and ask her/him to assist. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will confer initially at no charge (often by telephone). Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in a limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.


Tricia Dwyer, Esq & Associates PLLC

Phone: 612-296-9666

[email protected]


Read more
Answered on 8/27/13, 5:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Minnesota