Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Minnesota

if someone knowingly gives you a std what are my rights

Asked on 5/04/13, 9:51 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Donald Kohler Donald W. Kohler, Attorney at Law

The short answer is you have a possible civil claim for damages against the person. Also, there is a Minnesota Statute that makes it a criminal offense.

There is a statute of limitations that applies to the civil claim and, also, possibly the criminal charges. You should contact an attorney as soon as possible to discuss your possible claims and the applicable statute of limitations.

Read more
Answered on 5/04/13, 10:09 am
Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. I urge you seek attorney help now. Based on what you stated, you may have the basis for a personal injury action against the person who gave you the sexually transmitted disease (STD). Minnesota criminal law contains provisions related to STD's. There are time deadlines in law related to this sort of legal matter and if you do not abide by those time limitations you would lose your right to pursue legal action. All the best.

Read more
Answered on 5/04/13, 2:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Minnesota