Legal Question in Personal Injury in Minnesota

I have a car that was "totaled" in a accident. The car is drivable with damage to the front end but not worth the money to fix. If I transfer title to a poor friend who wants to have it as-is what liability is there to me if they are in a accident due to a problem with the car? How would I protect myself from liability to them or to anyone they hit?

Asked on 2/25/14, 8:33 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Morgan Kavanaugh Wilkerson & Hegna, PLLP

To best protect yourself you should have an attorney draft a contract whereby the friend agrees to take the car as-is and in exchange agrees not to sue you in the event there's an issue with the car down the line.

Read more
Answered on 2/25/14, 9:03 am
Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

It appears what you are seeking is a carefully drafted sales contract as well as special care taken to ensure that title is correctly transferred to the buyer. Tricia Dwyer Esq at 612-296-9666, Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC, Minnesota Contract Law Attorney,

Read more
Answered on 2/25/14, 12:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Minnesota