Legal Question in Personal Injury in Minnesota

legal counsel

i hurt my wrist at work 7 months ago. i've had x-rays twice, a mri, months of physical therapy and a cortisone shot. (all covered by work comp) my hand specialist recently refered me to another doctor and he said i may have arthritis brought on by the injury. he will let me know shortly if i need a bone scan or surgery. i am on comp but currently laid off. my condition makes it hard to find a job because using my hand causes alot of pain in my wrist. the doctor said it could be a lifelong injury which would be tough because i am 43 and have always held jobs the require me to work with my hands. my job now is very unstable and i just want to make sure that i don't get taken. at what point should i seek legal counsel and do i have solid ground to stand on?

Asked on 7/16/08, 12:15 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Re: legal counsel

I do not handle wc cases, but I could refer you to 2 capable wc attorneys. Your injury is serious, it could require surgery, and it could effect your future employment. All of these point to your need for expert wc counsel.

You can find my contact information at if you would like to discuss this.

Read more
Answered on 7/16/08, 12:26 pm
Donald Kohler Donald W. Kohler, Attorney at Law

Re: legal counsel

If you have been assigned a QRC -- Qualified Rehabilitation Consultant-- you should discuss with him or her the possibility of job search assistance and/or retraining. If you do not have a QRC, you should request one. An attorney can help you in filing a request for a QRC consult and/or rehabilitation assistance.

Don Kohler

Read more
Answered on 7/16/08, 1:38 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Minnesota