Legal Question in Personal Injury in Minnesota

Rights on an accident 3 years ago

My girlfriend was in an accident 3 years ago in Minnesota. The driver of the car in front of her was riding his brakes and she rear ended him. There was no damage to his truck, but there was damage to her car. This is the third case he has been involved in where he was rear ended. He is of course suing her for injuries he alledgedly sustained in the accident.

She is now being required to travel to Minnesota multiple times due to the deposition and the lawsuit. She has two children who must travel with her if she goes.

What are her rights in regards to recouping money for lost wages and for travel expenses due to this? Is there anything we can do to fight back? The insurance companies lawyers are handling the case, but I am assuming they would not handle this portion of the case. I would like to see people like this guy pay and actually be forced to work for a living like the rest of us instead of living off of earnings from these lawsuits.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Asked on 9/26/05, 2:10 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Todd Johnson Johnson & Bannon

Re: Rights on an accident 3 years ago

She should discuss these issues with the attorney hired by the insurance company. Some policies will reimburse their insureds for these types of costs. Otherwise there is not much you can do about this.

Our office is not representing you or your girlfriend on this matter.

Read more
Answered on 9/26/05, 2:21 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Minnesota