Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Minnesota

I own a building that i have been renting a part of it out to a person for storage. he has been behind on payment for several months. There is no paper contract just verbal. We told him to get out. Notice on door for. 5 months and a verbal giving him 3 months. He did pay past due but we still want him out. And he wont get his stuff out. We started trowing it out side. What else can we do?

Asked on 12/27/16, 5:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. Agreements may be oral or written ('verbal' means oral or written). You talk about 'throwing things out......', etc. IMO you are very much in need of legal advice and I urge you to choose a qualified & experienced att'y so she can advise you. We att'ys on this provide general legal info' to the public not personal legal advice - your own att'y may do that. The so-called 'squatter' can cause major problems for a landowner. A landowner/lessor/landlord should take great pains that he/she does not break law by his/her choice of actions.

Read more
Answered on 12/28/16, 10:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Minnesota