Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Minnesota

Inherited farm land in Minnesota, split 8 ways in death deed, 5 want to buyout the other 3, how do we go about the sale? What are the steps required by the purchasers who have formed a corporation to make the purchase?

Asked on 8/10/16, 12:35 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Hellmuth Hellmuth & Johnson, PLLC

The buyers just need to sign a purchase agreement with the sellers. At closing, the buyers will pay the sellers and the sellers will provide a quit claim deed to the buyers. The deed will need to be recorded with the county in which the property is located.

If you need assistance, please contact me. David Hellmuth, Esq., Hellmuth & Johnson, PLLC, 8050 W. 78th Street, Edina, MN 55439. [email protected].

Read more
Answered on 8/11/16, 6:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Minnesota