Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Minnesota

I am leaving the country for work and would like to give my girlfriend power to sell the house on my behalf. What do I need to do to allow her to do that?

Asked on 5/03/17, 9:33 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. Most likely you have multiple options but one, or a few, of your the options will seem most prudent for your personal situation. There is a form of authority known as a power of attorney and it may be broad or narrow in scope, but that is but one provision in law which may or may not be wise or even applicable to your situation and needs. I suggest that you choose a qualified & well exp'd private attorney at this time, confer and let her provide you with formal legal advice to you which she shall ground in the full facts.

Read more
Answered on 5/03/17, 11:18 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Minnesota