Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Minnesota

My question is: I am trying to modify my mortgage with Freedom Financial in the Twin Cities, Minnesota. We had an adjustable rate mortgage that adjusted to an amount that we can not afford, we are also upside down in the house. Freedom Financial promised us they would work with our mortgage company and get us a set rate of around 3%. They wanted $495.00 up front and at the end an additional $500.00. We are trying to close on the modification since it has been seven months since we were told not to pay our mortgage until they could get us a good rate. Yesterday 11/8/2010, we were told we were to Western Union an amount of $2,000.00 to a man named Freddy Cruz in the Dominican Republic. My Agent that i am working with said that this Freddy guy is another Agent working to lower our interest rate down to around 2%.We are confused as what to do next. I know I'm not sending any money to the Dom. Rep..Should we contact the Attorney General of Minnesota or should we obtain a lawyer?

Asked on 11/09/10, 9:14 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Daniel Reiff Reiff Law Office

I would contact the Attorney General. It sure looks like you've been scammed.

Read more
Answered on 11/15/10, 7:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Minnesota