Legal Question in Tax Law in Minnesota

w-4 form

I did not fill out a w-4 form and my employer still withholds taxes from my pay. employer pays in cash. is this right? will i get a w-2 form at the end of the year for doing my taxes?

Asked on 6/24/09, 3:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ronald Cappuccio Ronald J. Cappuccio, J.D., LL.M.(Tax)

Re: w-4 form

If you do not fill out a W-4, your employer will withhold taxes at the Married Filing Separately, "0" exemption rate. Whether you are paid in cash, direct deposit, or check, you should receive a W-2 for the year. This also gets reported to the IRS.

I hope this helps!

Ron Cappuccio


Read more
Answered on 6/24/09, 4:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in Minnesota