Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Minnesota

Do I really need to get an attorney to help close out credit reports and bank accounts for a deceased loved one if they really had no estate or trusts? My mom passed away and I am trying to prevent her identity from being stolen by notifying any and all businesses including the three major credit reporting agencies but I am being advised to get an estate lawyer or probate court takes over and I so confused. She did not have a will and was divorced so there is no surviving spouse.

Asked on 2/19/21, 9:06 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Kane Law Offices of Robert D. Kane, Jr.

I don't mean to be rude, but if you have to ask the question apparently you need an attorney. You could start by going to the self-help section of the Minnesota Courts website.

Read more
Answered on 2/20/21, 6:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Minnesota