Legal Question in Workers Comp in Minnesota

Work related injury

I had a serious injury at a printing company due to falling off an unsafe 6 ft step stool on wheels. I shattered my wrist, broke my hand and had surgery to install a plate in my wrist. My surgeon placed me on a permanent 25 lbs restriction due to my wrist no longer bending. My company cut my hours from 40 to 36 a week. Is this legal? Due to my lifting limit, I can't get a part time job that requires heavy lifting.

Asked on 1/27/09, 8:48 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Jerry Sisk The Law Office of Thomas Mottaz

Re: Work related injury

It sounds like you would have a claim for temporary partial disability benefits. This occurs when you work injury plays a substantial contributing role in your loss of earning capacity and less wages. I would inquire from the work comp insurer to see if they would pay you TPD benefits. If they refuse, I would contact an attorney.

If I can be of assistance feel free to contact me through my website or email me at [email protected] Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 1/27/09, 10:43 pm
Donald Kohler Donald W. Kohler, Attorney at Law

Re: Work related injury

You have a claim for TPD (Temporary Partial Disability) benefits, which is 2/3's your hourly rate for the hours you miss work. Send your check stub to the workers' compensation insurer and they should pay you the 2/3's for the lost hours.

Read more
Answered on 1/28/09, 11:08 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Minnesota